An innocent visit to the pyramids outside of Mexico City turns in to a critique of the Nephite Explorer and a certain example of Missionary xerox-lore.
Brother Jake and his wife Erica reissue an edited version of “The Unintentional Racist” with additional commentary for perhaps a slightly different audience. Because caring is sharing.
Brother Jake talks about the time he super-glued his eye shut after fighting with a missionary companion…. and other stuff.
In part 2 of Scott’s interview with Dr. Meldrum, we learn why so many Mormons think Cain is bigfoot. Dr. Meldrum also explains what he finds to be the most compelling evidence for the existence of sasquatch and discusses his project for using unmanned drones and insertion teams to finally nab the mysterious primate.
We wrap up this three-part series with a few final words from Tom Phillips and a whole lot of panel discussion.
Tom Perry sits down for a casual one-on-one conversation with long time Mormon Podcast connoisseur Jay Bryner to review his audio essay submission, “The Tom Sigh.”
Special guest Tom Phillips is joined by Scott, Matt, Bob and Glenn to discuss the recent summons against Thomas S. Monson and the LDS Church. Part two explores:
• The criteria Tom Phillips used to select his seven charges against the church
• How the UK has jurisdiction over a US citizen
• What could happen if Monson is found guilty
• Whether or not this case could simply be thrown out
• The unique way the British government pays a portion of tithing money directly to the church on behalf of its citizen.
• How Tom’s experience with the 2nd anointing could play in to all of this
Special guest Tom Phillips is joined by Scott, Matt, Bob and Glenn to discuss the recent summons against Thomas S. Monson and the LDS Church. Part one explores:
• Why the October Surprise became the January Surprise
• Why these allegations are for criminal fraud against a corporation – and why this is not an attack on religion
• The process Tom went through with the courts to issue this summons
• How Steven Bloor and Christopher Ralph became involved in this case
• What Response Tom has heard from the Church so far
• Why the church in this case is rightfully being looked at as a corporation
• The significance of Tithing in this fraud case
Glenn, Bob and Matt review the results of the listener feedback survey. Sorta like naval gazing, but a little less navely. Or not.
The Infants tease their next big thing. Stay tuned…