Showing "mormon church" TagShow all episodes
Ep 265 – Dear Elder Bednar
The Infants pay a brief but special tribute to the recent remarkable words and message of Elder David A(hole) Bednar, and to the huge Packer-sized stick shoved up his member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ass. Special thanks to Lily Allen for nailing it so completely.
Matt asks, “Hey Glenn, where was this two days ago?”
Well it’s here now.
Ep 161 – Worthiness
Tom is joined by Kim, Randy, and Heather to discuss Kim’s listener essay “Worthiness.”
Ep 155 – Excommunication: The Musical
Glenn, Jake, Matt, and John Hamer humbly present “Excommunication: The Musical” — a dramatic recreation of John Dehlin’s secret informal probation meeting that eventually led to his excommunication from the mormon church.
And we occasionally break into song.
Click HERE for the full text for the dramatic — it is “Appendix C: Transcript of August 7, 2014 Meeting With President Bryan King”
Ep 132 – Brother Jake Explains: Mormonism is Not a Cult
Jake, Tom, and Glenn discuss the newest Brother Jake video: Mormonism is Not a Cult.
If you have suggestions for future Brother Jake videos, or just want to drop Jake a note, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you just want to play Words with Friends with Glenn, search for Gadianton Rob.
Ep 49 – The Summons: Tom Phillips vs. Thomas S. Monson – Part 2
Special guest Tom Phillips is joined by Scott, Matt, Bob and Glenn to discuss the recent summons against Thomas S. Monson and the LDS Church. Part two explores:
• The criteria Tom Phillips used to select his seven charges against the church
• How the UK has jurisdiction over a US citizen
• What could happen if Monson is found guilty
• Whether or not this case could simply be thrown out
• The unique way the British government pays a portion of tithing money directly to the church on behalf of its citizen.
• How Tom’s experience with the 2nd anointing could play in to all of this